Roads Australia Industry Luncheon with Duncan Elliott
Civilex members attended Roads Australia Industry networking luncheon last Thursday 6 September at Metropolis, Southbank with special guest speaker Duncan Elliott, CEO North East Link Authority (NELA).
Duncan shared the update on the design process and procurement timetable for the single biggest transport infrastructure investment in Victoria’s history. This massive infrastructure project will build the missing link between Metropolitan Ring Road at Greensborough and the Eastern Freeway.
Civilex Project Engineer Holly Sanders said, “I really enjoyed listening to the large amount of environmental factors considered in the project, and it was cool to have two women on the stage engaging in the conservation around the project.”
Roads Australia’s vision is to encourage a diverse, thriving industry and Civilex took that vision a step forward at the Cardno sponsored event with an all #womenlineup table representing diverse roles within the construction company at the luncheon. Those who attended included L to R (group photo):
• Karen Burnie – Estimating Manager
• Olivia Bartolo – Human Resources Manager
• Barbara Cortese – Leading Hand
• Sandra Costanzo – Commercial Manager
• Holly Sanders – Project Engineer
• Amber Vavallo – Pre-Contracts Coordinator
• Lisa Cole – Marketing and Communications Manager
• Jen Robertson – Construction Manager.
With the Roads Australia luncheon attracting a 30% representation of women, it’s a thumbs up from Civilex’s diverse #womenlineup.