Civilex partners with WBHO Infrastructure to deliver the Mount Gellibrand Wind Farm
Civilex Victoria is proud to be a part of this exciting new project to develop our country’s natural energy sources.
The Mt Gellibrand windfarm is located within the Colac Otway Shire Council. The wind site area forms an ‘L’ shape and is positioned to the west and south of the landform known as ‘Mount Gellibrand’. The land on which the proposed wind farm is located consists of eight privately owned properties, primary used for livestock grazing and cropping. The wind farm is dispersed over an area of approximately 25 square kilometres that will continue to be used for grazing and cropping during the operation of the windfarm.
Acciona Energy Oceania Construction have contracted Civilex and WBHO (WCJV) to deliver the associated civil works including the turbine foundations. Works are due to commence later this month with a proposed completion date of December 2017.
The Civilex/WBHO scope includes:
• Construction of approximately 27km internal access roads.
• Construction of approximately 500m of associated drainage lines.
• Construction of approximately 92,000m of Turbine hardstand area
• Approximately 16,000m3 of structural concrete associated with the turbine foundations.
• Reconstruction of approximately 5.1km of Mooleric Rd.